Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Bremont Watch ALT1-C ALT1-C/BL Leather Strap

 

Meet BREMONT's newest ambassador and ultimate sailor: LAIRD HAMILTON

To test the new Waterman Apex Limited Edition, Bremont enlisted the help of world-renowned big wave surfer and all-around sailor Laird Hamilton to put the watch to the test in its natural habitat. Laird, an American athlete, sailor, pioneer and innovator, joins Bremont's impressive lineup of brand ambassadors. A renowned innovator and mentoring genius in cross-border skateboarding, including drag surfing, stand-up paddleboarding and hydrofoil, Laird is the ultimate Waterman, constantly pushing himself beyond endurance and expanding all possibilities in the sport. Read our Q&A to learn more about Laird and how he got the new limited-edition Waterman Apex on track...

What was it like growing up in Hawaii?
Growing up in Hawaii was a bit of the Wild West. It was the sea, the wind, the mighty people, just a mighty piece of land. So it's a powerful way to learn on the ocean. My journey began with the rapids of the Banzai Pipeline, the most dangerous beach in the world at the time.

How did you fall in love with surfing?
I fell in love with surfing because it was what all the men around me were doing when I was younger. Everywhere I went, there were great sailors everywhere. They were great fishermen, great divers, great sailors and greatest surfers, so surfing and being a sailor is something that all men I admire do. It's like national sports and cultural events. The ocean is also an equal place. Master, teacher.

replica Bremont Kingsman Watches

Audemars Piguet ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE replica

Porsche Design replica Watches

copy replica watches

How did your relationship with the ocean begin?
As a kid, I started with body surfing, then bodyboarding, then shortboarding, then longboarding and stand up, windsurfing, kitesurfing, hydrofoil. You just have a plethora of activities, each like a tool to be used on different conditions. As you become more proficient with each tool, you can use them where conditions require.

Growing up in Hawaii, did you admire any people?
I grew up with some of the best sailors in the world, and I admired the good people first and then became the great sailors. So, you know, the men I look up to are good fathers, good husbands, good friends, just good men. They are people I admire and respect. My stepfather was a phenomenal surfer and someone I admired and wanted to emulate in my youth.

Why is it so comfortable to be in the sea?
Well, I think the comfort I get from the ocean comes from my understanding of it. I have gained some level of experience in the ocean and I know what it will do. They say chaos is predictable. If you really know the ocean it will never surprise you, it is reliable and real, so you start to understand where the waves come from, what the waves are going to do and what the currents do.

What does the ocean mean to you?
For me it is the source of all life. The ocean covers most of the earth and has the most creatures, the biggest creatures, the most vicious creatures, the most beautiful creatures, the most fragile creatures. Ocean means life. Without it, there would be no life on earth.

How many times have you been tested beyond endurance?
During my career I've completed some epic endurance challenges, paddling between islands, paddling the English Channel, paddling the Molokai Strait, paddling some of the roughest straits in the world. I was working on a movie called "Waterworld" and I was driving a jet ski from an island, veering off course in poor visibility, about 60 miles in the ocean. I started thinking about whether I would come back again and what it would mean to me. I've been submerged by the waves and wondered if I'd ever come back to the surface. As a child, I was rescued every week. I am often rescued. I think that's where I started to get comfortable with the feeling that you might not be able to succeed, so I think that's where a lot of education comes from at a young age.

How come you don't get rid of something like this?
Well, I think the reason my traumatic experience in the ocean didn't break my heart is because I loved it. I love the ocean and I would never want to ruin that relationship. Like a relationship you don't want to end. This won't stop you even in tough times. You don't give up. So that's what brought me back. I love the ocean and this will never end. It's hard for me to get discouraged when I like something!

Tell us about your exercise routine and why exercise is so important to you?
Exercise is as important as eating, sleeping and drinking. It is part of existence. I do this for clarity and focus, to be prepared and to be able to continue doing things at the level I want to do. Because the system works well and works well, it is possible to think clearly. Over the years, I have developed an extensive exercise routine. Some of it comes from injuries, and a lot of it comes from trying to create a sustainable fitness program and I can do it until I die. A lot of my training is based on making me a better swimmer, holding my breath longer, making me stronger, making my balance better, but it's also something I can take without injury thing.

replica MB & F LM101 Watches

replica watches price

fake replica watches

What does it take to "find yourself"?
I think it takes honesty to find yourself. You have to be honest, not only in your life but also with yourself. My mom used to say to me, you know, if you can't be true to yourself, you can't be true to anyone. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable because the truth can hurt you.

Have you ever encountered a shark?
As a kid, I scuba dived online and experienced giant hammerhead sharks and giant tigers, but I saw very few sharks during my time in the ocean. In Hawaii, it is believed that the spirits of your ancestors lived on sharks. They are just one of the most magnificent creatures that have ever existed on our planet, so it seems only natural to protect them. Some people I know who have been attacked by sharks over the years have always been the biggest advocates for shark protection and conservation because they know it's not personal. When you spend time with sharks, you realize that they really aren't interested in us.

What does ocean conservation mean to you?
Caring for our oceans is vital. I am involved in programs that help the ocean and educate about its beauty and majesty. For some people, being disconnected from the ocean may be because they are so close to it, but when you're in it, doing things in it, being surrounded by the creatures in it, it changes everything. We have to get people to care about it, and with all these activities we are raising awareness and building engagement around the topic. In doing so, we all took it with us, and we all played a role in finding solutions. I have the opportunity to do these inspiring things in the ocean, so if I share that inspiration with others, it will hopefully play a small role in making a difference. You never know who you will affect through your actions. I do not

You have been testing the new BREMONT WATERMAN APEX for some time, how would you rate its performance?
The first thought that comes to mind is durability. There are many other watches that you can't do. You just have to look at this watch to know it's designed to handle anything. One more thing I really appreciate because it is handcrafted by artisans and durable. In the throwaway world we live in now, I think that's very important. The mechanism is amazing and it's incredible to be able to see it work - it's a work of art that I can appreciate. Equally impressive is its water resistance to 500 meters. I hope I don't drop more than 100 meters, but I know it can go deeper than me. So, if I don't come back down below, at least the watch will be intact!

BREMONT WATERMAN APEX

Designed to celebrate life under and under water, the Waterman Apex is a high-performance mechanical dive watch that is part of Bremont's iconic Supermarine collection. Not only is the Waterman Apex perfectly fit for purpose, but the sale of the watch will support the marine research of the pioneering nonprofit Bimini Shark Lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment